In the Stanford CSLI Internship Program, interns work closely with a faculty, postdoc, or grad student mentor on an original cognitive science research project. They gain experience defining research projects, collecting data, and analyzing the results. In addition to their individual projects, interns attend a weekly seminar with such topics as reading a scientific paper, introduction to the R data analysis platform, statistics and visualization, and presentation skills. The program culminates with each intern presenting their work to an interdisciplinary audience.
- The program is 8 weeks, from June 20 to Aug 12, 2022. Students should plan to be available for the entirety of the summer program in order to attend trainings at the beginning of the program and final presentations at the end.
- The internship should be considered a full-time position. In general, interns are expected to be working 40 hours/week, from 9AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday.
- To be eligible, you must be a documented U.S. citizen, a permanent resident in possession of an alien registration card (I-555), or an international student enrolled in a U.S. undergraduate institution. The program is intended for rising college Juniors and Seniors from outside Stanford University, but we will consider all applicants for the program.
- The program aims to expand undergraduate access to research, and as such past research experience is NOT a prerequisite and we welcome applications from diverse personal and institutional backgrounds (including teaching-focused colleges). Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the academic foundations that lead to successful research experience, whether or not applicants have had such experience already.
- This application will close at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on January 15, 2022. This means that All APPLICATIONS must be submitted by that time.
- Reference letters can be submitted after the application closes. We will accept reference letters until January 22, 2021.
- All supplementary documents must be in PDF format.
- This application does not have to be completed in one sitting.
- Decision notifications (including whether the internship will be remote or in-person) will be sent out by the mid-February.
Interns will receive summer room and board as well as a stipend.